Saturday, September 19, 2009

Whatsit called... mold

Something I've noticed is that despite not having mold (or mildew) in the apartment, my nose is happy for being blissfully free of them, food molds so quickly here.
Within 48 hours of the cornbread coming out of the oven it went bad. Homemade bread lasts barely 5 days. And hamburger buns from the store that are pumped full of preservatives and barely worth the name "food" don't even last 2 1/2 weeks when I'm used to them lasting 4 or 5.

Is it the heat? The way it gets humid quickly and then dries out again?

Little things like this won't be a problem now that I've realized it and can act accordingly. There are so many things, though, I wouldn't even think about when moving to a different area that I'm slowing learning about.

No comments:

Post a Comment