Monday, September 14, 2009

Lizard

This little dude showed up after church on Sunday. I think he's a young Texas Spiny Lizard. He was about three inches long with his tail. At first I figured that had to be the extent of the size, that was how big the Florida lizards were that climbed all over the windows, but apparently... everything's bigger in Texas. That means that I can't find any evidence of there being any lizards here that are full grown at three inches.

His scales flip up at the tip, he has the little dark bars across his back, and a very thin tail. I'm not certain, though, as I knew it wasn't full grown and lizards can change a lot as they age.

Texas Spiny Lizards grow to between 7-11 inches long and have scales that turn up like spiked armor.

I don't know what else to say besides that he's a cute little lizard, it's too bad he's going to grow up to be big and ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment